The first time I heard about Vincent Van Gogh was in primary school, during an art class where we had to study one of his artworks and I have been attracted to him as an artist ever since then. He was such a diligent artist, often completing more than one painting each day. The thing that I am most attracted about him is the fact that he was very passionate about his work no matter what he was going through. He's mental instability did not stop him from exploring and discovering art instead, he turned to painting and nature for some assurance whenever he was at his lowest. This has inspired me over the years to use art as a way of expressing myself be it my thoughts or emotions. After reading his biography, I can only imagine what it was like to go through the things he did. It must have taken him a lot of determination to continue pursuing his work and improving himself despite his obstacles.
Some of his artworks:
Starry Night
Vase with Twelve Sunflowers
Self-Portrait
Even though Vincent Van Gogh is more known for his landscape works, he finds portraits as "the only thing in painting that moves me deeply and that gives me a sense of infinite".




No comments:
Post a Comment